[CM] random stream with lists?

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl@folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:44:20 +0200

Am 24. September 2003, 10:25 Uhr (-0500) schrieb Rick Taube:

> You dont have to port it -- its loaded automaticall into any CL image
> you build cm in unless you do (push :no-scheme *features*) first. look
> at src/scheme.lisp. But Its really a 'sugar coating' -- you get to use
> scheme procedure names, define, etc. but of course its not really
> scheme, ie (define (foo ...) ...) turns into (defun foo (...) ...) and
> (define foo 1) becomes (defparameter foo 1).  In fact the define case
> is the worse case: in Scheme define creates a lexical variable but in
> CL its a defun and a special variable. scheme.lisp is provided so that
> cm code can be more "portable" between CL and Scheme, not to invent
> scheme in cl.

That's very handy nevertheless. I'll check it out for my classes. If
people can't get around using call-with-current-continuation or
letrec, they will have to use guile then (but if they are at that
point I guess it doesn't matter to them anymore which language they
use ;-)

--
Orm

P.S.: BTW: Your book is excellent.