[CM] Snd user-interface

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 04:59:47 -0700

> Separate "modular" windows like sylpheed or emacs speedbar...

I didn't know about speedbar, but it does look useful -- I'll download it
and try it out.  It appears to be similar to (but much fancier than) the
current

> :} Text based sample banks...

I don't know what these are -- I have code to deal with sound font files,
some synth data files, and IEEE text-based sound files.

> Maybe the alternative of a mac-like menubar across the top of the screen.

Is this dependent on the window manager?  I could make a detachable menu
that
could be manually positioned at the top of the screen, I think (I
haven't paid any
attention to these "tear-off menus" before, so I'm just guessing here).