[CM] Files without in-package

Kenny Tilton ktilton@nyc.rr.com
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 09:50:34 -0400

>Message: 3
>From: "Rick Taube" <taube@uiuc.edu>
>To: <bobcoyne@worldnet.att.net>, "'CCRMA List'" <cmdist@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
>Subject: RE: [CM] clm under cmucl-18e
>Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:58:01 -0500
>

>>2. Various instrument files don't have (in-package :clm) at the top.
>>

>This is a feature, not a bug -- the .ins file can be compiled in
>packages other than clm. Common Music, for one, makes use of this.

Pardon a comment from the peanut gallery, but I think this is using the
package system incorrectly.

The package Common Music should use-package CLM (iff CLM is loaded, as
signified by a feature added by the load). The CLM macros to define
instruments should include an export of the instrument symbolic name.

Back to the gallery....

kenny

--
http://tilton-technology.com
What?! You are a newbie and you haven't answered my: