[CM] cm midi->csound?

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:50:58 -0600

this should be working in the current system. You would use
import-events to import your MIDI data into  CM and then write the
sequence(s) back out to a .sco file. the global variable
'midi-channel-names' (src/midi3.scm) is a vector that you can use to
associate (up to) 16 csound instruments names ("i1"  "i2" "i99" and so
on) with midi channels.  When a MIDI event is output to a .sco  file
AND there is an instrument name defined for the MIDI event's channel in
  midi-channel-names then that i name will get printed in the score
followed by four parameters values:

	ixx start dur hz amp

where ixx is the name assigned in midi-channel-names, start is its
start time, dur is duration, hz is frequency in herz and amp is 0-1

you may be the first person to use this 'feature'  -- if you find it is
two restictive the code could be easilty modified to allow you to
asscoate an arbitrary print function at each location in
midi-channel-names such that your print function will be called with
the midi evnt to print an arbitrary i... statement in the score. that
way you could write out to any sort of csound instument regardless of
what its parameters are.
it would be very simple to add this, let me know.