[CM] Problems with SND and rme9652

Johan De Groote johan.degroote@wanadoo.be
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 20:47:06 +0100

Hello, new to all this, so my questions may look extremely dumb.

The installation went fine (got no errors). The trouble comes when I want to
do something useful like below:

Playback: I can open a .wav ripped from cd, but when I hit play, I get an
error:
[20:38:48] alsa_audio_open: hw:0,0: access type RW_INTERLEAVED not available
[20:38:48] can't play : alsa_audio_open:  hw:0,0: access type RW_INTERLEAVED
not available

This is probably something very simple, ut I don't know where to look!

Next, when I select record: it opens a new window......with 26 VU meters on a
row! In the corner, the green squares selecting the routing shows only 3
(pqrtial) rows. The problem is that everything is there, but I need an
enormous screen! As the window has no scrollbars, this is unusable. Is their
a way to limit this to (lets say) 8 inputs? I found there is a way to limit
to the number of outputs, is there something comparable to this for inputs.

Thanks.