[CM] CM & CLM combo -> instr's not recognized

Bret Battey bbattey@u.washington.edu
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:23:59 -0700

Last month when I downloaded a new CLM and CM and combined them on my Mac
OS9, I found that instr loads were no longer working correctly. That is, I
could execute a 'load' command to load a compiled instrument, but when I
tried to actually use the instrument, I would get an 'undefined function'
error. The only way to get around this was to recompile the instrument each
session.

At first I assumed the problem was in CLM. However, today more careful
testing shows the problem only occurs in a combined CLM/CM build:

The following behavior occurs using a build combining the June 10 CLM and
2.4.0 CM:

? (load "Macintosh
HD:Battey:Studio:Research:PICACS:picacs:clm:scentroid:scentroid")
#P"Macintosh
HD:Battey:Studio:Research:PICACS:picacs:clm:scentroid:scentroid.pfsl"

? (defparameter myfile
      "Macintosh
HD:Battey:Studio:Research:PICACS:Demos:vk-yaman:vk-yaman-1-alap.aif")
MYFILE

? (scentroid myfile)
> Error: Undefined function SCENTROID called with arguments ("Macintosh
HD:Battey:Studio:Research:PICACS:Demos:vk-yaman:vk-yaman-1-alap.aif") .

HOWEVER, if I start MCL and load ONLY CLM, the above works correctly.

Out of curiosity, in the CLM/CM build, I tried (in-package :CLM) prior to
executing the test, but that did not change the behavior.

-=Bret

Bret Battey                                     http://BatHatMedia.com
Research Associate
Center for Digital Arts and Experimental Media
University of Washington, Seattle    http://www.washington.edu/dxarts/