[CM] wrapper macro strategies

Bret F Battey bbattey@u.washington.edu
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:21:55 -0700 (PDT)

Oops, sorry, I should have been clearer:
I already know how to make basic wrapper macros using &body. What I can't crack is
how to write a macro 'balance-sounds' that could turn this (for example):

(balance-sounds () (mix soundfile1) (mix soundfile2))

into

(sound-let ((temp1 () (mix soundfile2))
           (sound-let ((temp2 () (mix soundfile2)))
                (balance temp1 temp2))))

or  a macro 'balance-sound-process':

(balance-sound-process () (contrast (:fm-index '(0 0 1 2))) (mix soundfile2)))

expanding into

(sound-let ((temp1 () (mix soundfile2))
           (sound-let ((temp2 () (contrast temp1 :fm-index '(0 0 1 2))))
                (balance temp2 temp1))))

(My paren's are probably off because I'm typing right into email)

The specific problem being that &body -- which would contain both the source sound
specification and the contrast specification -- has to be split into two parts somehow...

[Also, this later example shows that I'm varying fm-index continuously, so I need a
continuous adaptation of gain on the sound -- hence using balance rather than a
single overall gain control based on relative peak values.]

Bret Battey                                     http://BatHatMedia.com
Research Associate
Center for Digital Arts and Experimental Media
University of Washington, Seattle    http://www.washington.edu/dxarts/