[CM] Re: Can't get simple CLM instrument working :(

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 05:35:21 -0500

> When I type '(compile-file "v.ins")' at the LISP prompt (running ACL

Sounds like either you dont have the file located in your home
directory or ACL's working directory isnt set to your home directory.
First, determine that the  file is actually where you expect it to be.
Next, try specifying the full pathname to the file to compile and load
it in Lisp.  For example, on my account at ccrma i would do:
	(compile-file "/amd/cm-home/user/h/hkt/v.ins")
assuming that v.ins was in my home directory.  I think ACL might
support the unix "~/" short-cut for home directory specification. ACL
also has a feature that lets you set its working director, if you are
running in an image with common music installed you can do:
	(cd "/whereever")
	(compile-file "v.ins")