[CM] Sprouting processes from sequences?

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:28:13 -0800

> I'm guessing that your proposal isn't equivalent to sprouting a process,
> because if I understand correctly, this code will enqueue all the events
> at once. So with this method there is no possibility of sprouting a
> process from a sequence and having it then interact with other ongoing
> processes. Correct? If so, it's not a problem for me right now - I just
> mention this to make sure I understand what this code does.

If you need it more dynamic then you could use that code as a method on
'write-event'. your 'write-event' will be called at the exact score time of
your arpeggio object. your mehodo will then use 'sprout' to add the
subobjects to the queue at that point.