[CM] import, typos, midi example links

Tobias Kunze Briseņo t@fictive.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:01:29 +0100

> > by the way does anybody know how to get a browser to play the midi
> > file witout going to a blank page? if so, please tell me! right
> > now my quicktime plugin plays in a new blank page and so i have to
> > hit "back" each time, this is very annoying!....
>
>  What browser do you use? It works fine on my box (Mozilla/5.0 (X11;
>  U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020615 Debian/1.0.0-3)

this depends most likely on whether the browser renders the link or
not.  in rick's case, he has a plugin, so the browser "renders" the
link content by showing a new page.  in your case, the browser hands
things off to an external viewer.  solution 1 to rick's annoyance,
which is used about 90% of the time on the web would be to embed the
midi files.  of course, this locks out users on platforms without such
a plugin.  solution 2 would be to tell the browser not to use a plugin
for unembedded midi files but instead a midi application (better
anyways, because that way you get whatever controls your midi player
offers you).