[CM] import, typos, midi example links

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:29:52 -0800

> I've modified the code to use guile's 'dirname' and a more schemish way of
proccessing
> the files, the relevant bit is here (i modified quite a bit more, so this
is only
> a "backported" sample):

if you send me your version of cm.scm ill replace the current version with
yours.

> BTW, what's the reason for not making the '*.scm' files into true Guile
> modules. This would really ease loading.

yes but i dont know anything about the module system yet -- when i did the
scheme port  the module system seemed like it was getting redesigned so i
decided to stay away from it.
if you adapted cm.scm to use a module i would be happy to use your version.

> Another (not too serious) problem i encountered (but wasn't yet able to
hunt down):
> reloading of some of the startup files (io.scm i think) makes guile
segfault.

yes - im almost positive this is a guile/goops bug having to do with
redefining(reloading) metaclass definitions. redefining regluar classes are
ok it seems except if they use metaclasses (as my io-class does)
anyway im sure that the segfault has SOMETHING to do with redefining
metaclasses  but its not 100%consistent.