[CM] cannot record wav at 44100.

Mark Miller alistbox@bellsouth.net
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 13:08:35 -0600

On Sunday 05 January 2003 10:59 am, Thierry Dumont wrote:

> But, I can only record at 22050Hz...and the cds I make are not correct:
> Elisabeth Scwrtzkopf sings too fast :-)
>
> If I try to record at 44100, snd crashes (segfault).

Hi.  I have the very same experience on my machine (although I have not tried
to record Elisabeth Scwrtzkopf ;-)

> I am using a linux machine, debian woody, with the "snd" package of the
> distribution (snd 5.8-1).

I am using Slackware Linux 8.1, and snd compiled from source:

$ snd --version
This is Snd version 6.5 of 19-Dec-02:

> My sound card is a sound blaster SB Live!
> (
>    lspci says:
> 00:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev
> 07) 00:0b.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Live! (rev 07)
> )

Mine is a sound blaster PCI512:

# lspci
00:11.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 08)
00:11.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Live! MIDI/Game Port (rev
08)

I did look into starting snd with a variable set to the right bitrate, but as
I read through the docs my head got swimmy before I found the answer :-)
--
EOM