[CM] Fixed(?) :CMN key signature, bar lines, and accidentals

Larry Troxler lt@westnet.com
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 20:41:18 -0500

Bill Schottstaedt wrote:

> > I think I got this thing working - here's a modified CMN function that
> > seems to work for me,
>
> Thanks very much!  I'll merge that bugfix into my version.

Your welcome, except that I'm not sure the correct solution is really
this simple.
Or maybe it is, but I'm not sure because I'm not sure what the semantics
of all the accidental-related options are. They're listed in cmn.html
but only briefly described.

For example, I can see that if the behavior I want is the only choice
(although it seems to be what most people would want if they are using
CM to feed CMN), then that would prevent somebody from using CMN by
specifiying notes to be exactly how they are to be notated. IOW, I can
see the point of having a note be notated strictly based on whether an
accidental or natural sign is specified - this would allow someone to
have complete control over the choice of when an accidental is actually
notated.

Hope I've explained this clear enough (tired right now)

Larry Troxler