[CM] tap and comb pm arguments

cristopher pierson ewing cewing@u.washington.edu
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:59:54 -0800 (PST)

Bill,

Thanks for the quick reply.

As to the name-space issue, I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.  As
long as I only write (setf tap (tap d)) there is no problem.  The second
channel shows up just as might be expected.  It is only when I try to
supply a second arg (the &optional offset) that the channel disppears.
But there is no warning of using an argument that is illegal.  Only when
adding the erroneous pm arg does an error message occur.  It reports that
tap expects between 1 and 2 args.  I don't know enough about clm error
reporting to suggest from where this might be cropping up.  I can only
report the results I have gotten.  If it would be helpful to you, I can
provide listener output resulting from specific calls to the instruments I
have tested, and even example soundfiles, if needed.

Thanks also for the explanation re. frequency vs. sample differences in
the comb pm arg.  It's amazing how quickly one's powers of mathematical
reasoning disappear when you've been coding for too many hours straight.

Happy day!

Cris Ewing
CARTAH Assistant
University of Washington