[CM] CM output to CMN

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:51:55 -0500

> 	Since the method object->cmn is only defined for midi objects
> 	it occurred to me that this might exist to allow addition of
> 	objects of the form
>
> 	'(0 (cmn::meter 4 4))
>
> 	to a score by defining an object->cmn method for lists
> that simply
> 	returns the list.

This is correct -- object->cmn is a generic function so that you can
define you own methods.

> But to no avail -- we run across
> problems in the
> 	method 'process-events' when calling 'object-time' on some
> 	derivative of this form.

The object you are using should also have a method defined for the
generic functoin object-time.
The easiest way to do this is to sublass the Event superclass, which
already has a Time slot and a method for object-time. Then your process
can output your special cmn data just like a midi object (or whatever).