[CM] New ladspa script/etc (ot) maybe

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat, 09 Aug 2003 05:13:01 -0700

 > would be for SND to recieve a pd input a la directconnect.
 > without using jack would be best for me. maybe a port thing directly
into snd,
 > is this possible?I have redhat7.3 with alsa 9 with a midiman2x2, but
can not get jack to work to save my life.

 > and while i am making multiple unsolicited suggestions..lol
 > a way for snd to import .sdif data from loris and edit them in the
fft section instead of just visualization.

pd input?  directconnect?  loris?  sdif files?  Gah -- these are
all new to me -- any documentation?  If you can send me a
description of sdif files, I assume I can write something to
display them.

 > So let me be clear SND will host vst via vstserver?
 > does it use WIN .dlls?
 >
 > this would be great news...is JACK involved??

More mysteries.  vstserver?  At least I can say that
Jack is not (yet) supported.  My vague recollection is
that ALSA 1.0 will support it automatically somehow,
so we weren't doing anything ahead of time.