[CM] which lisp/scheme for future use?

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 06:14:14 -0700

On the Guile/OSX question, Guile 1.4.0 builds/works in OSX 10.2,
but I haven't yet succeeded in getting 1.6 to build -- my current
conjecture is that guile-snarf (or one of its friends) has
changed in some way not compatible with either the shell or
some program like sed -- anyway the (obvious) problem is in a script, not
in the C code, and scripts can be hard to debug.

I'd be wary of guile-gtk -- it has not been maintained in the
past, and nothing I can see has changed recently; it's also, I think,
gtk 1 only.  For gtk 2 see xg.c (Snd/libxm); for low-level MIDI
tie-ins that work in Linux, see midi.c (sndlib).