[CM] Re: fm violin error

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 10:24:57 -0400

Bill Schottstaedt wrote:

> Due to what I think is a bug in cmucl's implementation of eval-when,
> you have to load "v.cmucl" (written when you compile v.ins") rather
> than the binary output v.x86f.

Many thanks again, Bill ! The fm-violin loads correctly now, and I've
continued delving into the CLM/Snd connection. Things work pretty well
now, with the exception of to-snd. Actually it works fine too as long as
start-snd has already been invoked. IIRC, ACL could start Snd and load
the test instrument (the fm-violin) without having to invoke start-snd
first... or am I dreaming ??

Anyway, it's working nicely now with CMUCL, and the AGNULA docs will
reflect the info re: *.cmucl vs. *.x86f. Back to the hack...

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

	The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org