Fw: [CM] problem with #! in CMUCL

rm@fabula.de rm@fabula.de
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 15:37:06 +0100

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 08:04:30AM -0600, Rick Taube wrote:
> thankyou! i dont see a whole lot of good available choices for both cl and scheme. the only other CLTL option reserved for users that is not a bracket of some sort is:
> 	#?foo
> yuk!

Yes, indeed. I don't know about CLTL, but in Guile one can extend
the reader so anything after the '#' is possible (of course it's
not really a great idea to pick a well-established one like
'#t' or '#<' ....). Why not generalize CM and use something
like #c<foo> where 'c' is different for the different types
of objects ?

 #i<foo> = an instance
 #c<foo> = a container
 #s<foo> = a sequence