Fw: [CM] problem with #! in CMUCL

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 08:40:10 -0600

>>   Raeding through Rick Taube's new NM text I discovered that CMUCL
>> doesn't like the #! prefix. For example:

this is a silly typo i made friday that affects all ports. ill make a new tarball today but to fix it right away just edit objects.lisp and replace  the
current initialzie=instance for containers with:

(defmethod initialize-instance :after ((obj container) &rest args)
  args
  (let ((name (object-name obj)))
    (when name
      (unless (stringp name)
        (setf name (format nil "~a" name))
        (setf (object-name obj) name))
      (setf (gethash (string-downcase name) *dictionary*) obj))
    (values)))

you can put this in the cminit.lisp file or  rebuild/save the image again.  sorry!