[CM] (no subject)

rm@fabula.de rm@fabula.de
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:54:39 +0100

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 05:32:33PM -0500, Baranovka@aol.com wrote:
> <PRE>either send me the program you are all discussing or take me off the email
> list, please. this is the second time I have requested to be removed from
> your list

Dear Baranovka,

the CM mailing list (which discusses the Common Music, Common
Lisp Music, and SND sound processing software) is run by the
'mailman' mailing list software. You can easily unsubscribe
from the list by visiting the url given in the footer of every
mail you receive. If you forgot your user password (which got
sent to you during the subscription process (see below) you
can wait until the end of the month -- it's part of the monthly
mail you get as a remainder). It seems that the admins of this
list are rather bussy these days writing great software and/or
books and probably have not enough time to manually remove you from
the list ...
BTW, one remaining question: how did you end up on this list in the
first place? After all, a subscriber has to confirm subscription by
sending a confirmation message to the listserver -- something that's
hard to fake. Is it possible that someone is abusing your mail acccount?

 hth ralfd