Fw: [CM] Let's hear from CM 1.x users(?)

20 Nov 2002 10:34:58 -0800

> I think that's how things are proceeding, yes ? However, patience is
> required: it would be great to see the various GUI stuff for CM
> available for Linux too, but I think Rick's rather overwhelmed these
> days. Ach, if only I had another lifetime, then I could learn Gtk and
> Guile/Gtk well enough to attempt the ports myself.

There is also a binding from common lisp (cmucl) to gtk, yet another
option for porting over to linux.

I have not used common music a lot (I tend to just write lisp code, I do
use item streams), but I find the current incarnation more usable than
the older stella. It is closer to being just lisp and I like that.

>From http://www.cons.org/cmucl/ports.html:

"#  There are two CMUCL bindings to the GTk+ widget set. Espen Johnsen's
clg binds directly to the GTk event loop via the CMUCL FFI (GNU LGPL).
Gilbert Baumann's (older) binding uses a client-server model to avoid
problems with mixing two event loops."
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/clg
  http://tenkan.org/clgtk/

> (Btw, do any of you remember what it was like to have spare time ?
> I've completely forgotten... ;)

What is that?

I tried Googling for "spare time" and I could not find anything really
relevant (things like "how to own the internet in your spare time" or
"let your pc find aliens in its spare time" - it would seem the
expression is somehow related to pcs and the internet :-)

-- Fernando