[CM] probs w/ snd and hammerfall

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 05:12:59 -0800

> [13:41:33] Caught top level error (this must be a Snd bug; will try to
> continue):

I don't know about the Hammerfall problem, but this part of the
error message might be badly worded -- the Snd bug here is that
I apparently forgot to wrap a "catch" around an error handler
somewhere -- I try to clean these up as I notice them.
I removed the global catch a few months ago
to make error handling in the listener less prone to
flooding the listener with repetitive messages, but the
down side was that errors could go uncaught -- and in
Guile an uncaught throw exits the program(!) -- so there's
this backup quasi-catch that complains about a Snd bug.
Anyway, whenever anyone sees this message, please send me
the details so I can fix it.