[CM] debuggin ligeti

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:11:45 -0500

Tobias Kunze Briseņo wrote:

>  hm.  my diffs were for clisp.  don't know what the deal is with
>  cmucl.  but watch out: there is more wrong with the code than
>  just the compile.  as i said, flow is different from my original
>  (which is why some vars don't get initialized properly) and most
>  importantly, when i ran the 2.3.4 version today, it turned out
>  twice as fast (which could be a problem within cm-2.3.4's timing
>  code, or within ligeti.cm, i don't know).
>
>  i think it may need a rewrite from the original 1.3 sources, but
>  rick is superbusy and so am i...

No problem, thanks for the note. Rick already indicated he'd rather let
this one hang for a while until the next CM tarball. I'm just fooling
around with it anyway to learn more from code (debugging is always
excellent instruction, yes?), but apparently there are problems I'm not
likely to repair on my own, so I shall patiently wait for Rick's next
release. :)

Many thanks for all the help though !

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips