[CM] Request for Comments (book)

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 07:55:48 -0600

Im cranking away 12+ hours a day on a book about computer compostion.  (The manuscript is due at the end of Decemeber but I dont know if I can live that long...) I'm releasing the first 1/3 or so of the book to this list in the hopes that a few kind souls would be interested in reading it and giving me feedback. The portion im releaseing today includes the introductory materials and the first eight chapters, which constitute the complete Part 1 of the book. Part 1  provides an introduction to Lisp for composers. Ill release more of the book at the end of the month.

Any comments are welcome: nits, errors, code bugs, typos, and especaiily ideas on how to strengthen the presentation. Im also looking for code examples, implementation of cool compositional ideas, pithy quotes for chapter headings, compositions,  projects, etc, to include in the book. The book will have a CD with it so actual source code and aiff files of comppositions could easily be included.  Of course you would receive full and clear credit for any material that was used. The materials are copyrighted by Swets Zeitlinger Publishing so please do not mass mail it around!

You can read the on-line version at:

http://www-camil.music.uiuc.edu/faculty/taube/nm/nm_title.html

ive also put a tarball at ccrma:

ftp://ftp-ccrma.stanford.edu/pub/Lisp/cm/nm.tar.gz

-rick