[CM] snd and opengl

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Thu, 23 May 2002 10:04:47 -0400

Bill Schottstaedt wrote:

> I've added support for OpenGL to Snd -- there's an example
> of a spectrogram in grfsnd.html; the configure switch is
> --with-gl.  Also gl.c is a set of GL/Guile bindings in the
> same style as xm.c and xg.c. Currently works in Motif only
> (and of course there are a million things-to-do -- there's
> a partial list in snd-chn.c around line 1970).

Wow, that's very nice, Bill ! Much more useful than the old GL example.
It will be interesting to see where you take this feature. Btw, how can
I turn it off to revert to the normal FFT display ?

On a down note: I'm still having a terrible time with ALSA/SBLive and
Snd. I'm getting persistent xruns on playback (haven't even tried
recording recently), no matter how I invoke (set! (dac-size)). I've
plugged in various values, Snd doesn't complain, but nothing improves. I
feel like I'm missing something about buffers, but where/how else would
I change them if not via dac-size ?

OTOH I built Snd with just OSS support. Of course it doesn't report any
xruns, but the traveling cursor is out of sync with the playback. Any
suggestions ??

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

	The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org