[CM] cm,clm and sbcl

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed, 15 May 2002 06:59:41 -0700

> And the problem lies in the (or lst (varinfo-refd lst))

Right -- a typo, but an innocuous one in context (that is, the
"normal" user won't be expecting send-snd to return a value in
the run loop) -- thanks for pointing it out to me.

> > (defconstant a-name "a string")
> > claiming that I'm trying to set the value twice.
> This is actually ANSI compliant behaviour, somewhat surprisingly

Humph!  I can't believe that anyone really intended to make
string constants illegal in lisp.  And even if they did, no
lisp implementor should cooperate.

> > too many colons in "SB-ALIEN"
> This one's odd -- how did it happen?

I'll have to fire up the thing (at home) and get back to you.
One thing I'd greatly appreciate in projects like this would be
a document describing the changes (from cmu-cl in this case),
or even better, some stab at providing backwards compatibility.
The current Common Lisp situation is extremely annoying in this
regard -- every Clisp version, for example, is backwards incompatible,
and ACL changes its FFI constantly.  Most of these changes
(package names, for example), strike me as purely cosmetic
and unnecessary.