[CM] snd and ALSA

Stefan Schwandter swan@shockfrosted.org
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 19:58:04 +0200

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> If alsa is linked statically into snd then if alsa is not present in
> the system snd will autoswitch to using oss. If alsa is dynamically
> linked, snd will not be able to start if alsa is not installed.

> In my snd rpms I create a separate package for an "oss only" snd
> that does not include alsa at all.

Hmm, I really don't want to link to it statically, and I don't
necessarily want to make an extra package for alsa (it would be 2
packages actually, gtk and motif).

So I guess I'm outta luck here ;-)

No, seriously, couldn't there be a run time configure option to switch
between alsa and oss? I guess it's not so trivial, otherwise somebody
would probably have done that already...

regards, Stefan

--
Wanna listen to my music? <------
----> http://www.shockfrosted.org