[CM] [CMN] Producing audio output?

Starling wassdamo@pacbell.net
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 09:22:33 -0700

Hi, I've been working with the CMN package.  I'm interested in
purely abstract notes and concepts for producing scores, not hardware
interfaces, nor sound modulation and output.  This makes CMN ideal for
my needs, but I was looking for a way to convert a CMN lisp file into
some form of audio representation.  (Good for double-checking
accidentals and testing synthesized sounds)  I think the way to do
that is learning how to use CM, but unfortunately I haven't found any
documentation indicating that CM can even understand the CMN data
representation or vice versa.

Should I continue on this tract?  Has anyone successfully gotten a
CMN score into midi or mp3 or raw format?  I'd be happy to learn CM if
it lets me create MIDI files from my scores.  Is there a better way to
go about it?

Starling