[CM] tutorial question (newbie)

Carl Edwards carl.boingie@rcn.com
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 17:14:00 -0400

Hi,

I have a question regarding CM and the tutorial by Tobias Kunze called
"Using Loop". First let me say I am indepted to all of ya'll who have posted
tutorials, examples, and whatnot to your web pages. Ain't Google wonderful.
=)

In the Loop tutorial Mr. Kunze uses a function called "thread". As in:

 (thread feigenbaum ()
  (loop repeat 100
        for x = .618 then (* x 3.9213 (- 1.0 x))
        do (object midi-note
                   note (note (+ (* x 1000) 100))
                   rhythm .1 duration .1 amplitude .5)))

I haven't been able to find that object, function, macro or (?) in the CM
docs and I was wondering if it reflects an earlier organization. Is "thread"
a type of container? And (if it is from an earlier version) what's an
appropriate replacement for this type of case?

Pardon my ignorance. I'm just learning Lisp and CM. Thanks in advance for
any help.

Carl Edwards
School of Visual Arts, NYC