[CM] newbie installation issues

Peter M. Traub ptraub@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 00:44:07 +0900

Hello all,

I've recently begun learning LISP and CLM. While I can use working versions at
CCRMA, I'm having trouble getting it working at home. I'm running redhat 7.1
with kernel 2.4.14 and using the OSS sound drivers (haven't been able to get
ALSA working yet either). I built CMUCL lisp from the source rpm on the planet
CCRMA Site (cmucl-3.0.3-1.src.rpm), although I guess that just grabbed the
binaries with alien and constructed an rpm, so i didn't really 'build' it.
That appears to run ok when I start 'lisp'. During that installation, I
installed the 'normal' core. Following that, I installed
'cmucl-clm-oss-1.0-6.i386.rpm'. When I start 'cmucl-clm' from the command
line, I get the following series of errors:
[peter@12-234-214-39 peter]$ cmucl-clm
;;; Running /usr/bin/ld...
;;; Done.

Error in function UNIX::SIGSEGV-HANDLER:  Segmentation Violation at
#x40302004.

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Skip remaining initializations.

Debug  (type H for help)

(UNIX::SIGSEGV-HANDLER #<unused-arg>
                       #<unused-arg>
                       #.(SYSTEM:INT-SAP #x3FFFEA70))
Source: Error finding source:
Error in function DEBUG::GET-FILE-TOP-LEVEL-FORM:  Source file no longer
exists:
  target:code/signal.lisp.
0]

I can't exit out of this without closing the terminal window (:ex doesn't do
it... and I don't know enough clm/lisp to understand why). Is this a common
error and is there a common fix? Many thanks in advance for any help you could
give.

Best,

Peter Traub

Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu