[CM] snd with guile 1.5.6

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 05:23:06 -0700

> checking for /usr/lib/snd/bin/guile-config... no
> checking for Guile... 1.5.6

This means it found the correct version -- the script looks for
/usr/lib/snd/ first since that's how Fernando's rpms are set up --
this confusion is ultimately caused by the current Guile developers'
inability to make a new official version.

> snd: error while loading shared libraries: libguile.so.14: cannot open

As Fernando mentioned, you need to force the loader to look
at /usr/local/lib before /usr/lib (or wherever the old version
of Guile lives).  If nothing else works, try replacing -lguile
with /usr/local/lib/libguile.a.

> even if I change the enviroment variable 'setenv GUILE_LOAD_PATH
> /usr/local/bin '.

I would have tried /usr/local/lib here, but I'm not sure what
this variable actually does.