[CM] appending sequences

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 08:15:00 -0800

ouch! this is the #! problem -- I forgot to make note of this to the
changelog.text file
my apologies!!

try #$ instead of #!

(new seq name 'foo)
#$foo

Guile uses the #! character for scripts (i think that is why your guile is
hanging....)
so CM cant claim it as a dispatch character.
my solution was to standardize to #$ for the dispatch in both CLTL and
Scheme but
to still support #! in CLTL. The only other option is to get rid of it
altogether
or else allow this to be user settable. if you have an opinion please let me
know.

> The object Listing also seems to be in a different format (it used to
> be with colons between the slots and the slot-values).

If I display keywords in object printing then it looks different in cltl and
scheme and
Im trying as much as possible to make thigs look the same to avoid
confusion.
so the #i printing shows the slot names not keywords because these look the
same in cltl and scheme. its also less text on the screen.
this change is cosmetic only -- the #i reader will work the same for either
slot names
or slot initializations (keywords).

> Am I missing something?

only documentation!