[CM] fun with CM + Linux

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 14:46:48 -0500

Rick Taube wrote:

> >       (set-midi-output-hook! #'oss-play-midi-file)
> >       (set-cmn-output-hook! #'load)
> >

> AHA, thats what the problem is in your bug report!
> Dont use #'load directly as the hook. Try this in your init file.
>
> (defun cmn-load (file &rest args)
>   args
>   (load file))
>
> (set-cmn-output-hook! #'cmn-load)

I'm a dolt. Thanks, Rick, that took care of that problem.

The problem with start-snd is possibly a real bear. I get intermittent
success with it (which I've reported), but most of the time I get this
error:

  * (start-snd)

  Error in function UNIX::SIGSEGV-HANDLER:  Segmentation Violation at
#x40338BF8.

  Restarts:
    0: [ABORT] Return to Top-Level.

  Debug  (type H for help)

  (UNIX::SIGSEGV-HANDLER #<unused-arg>
                         #<unused-arg>
                         #.(SYSTEM:INT-SAP #x3FFFEAE0))

Any debugging tips or other suggestions ?

== dp