[CM] CLM/Snd problems

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 04:45:35 -0800

> *INS-FILE-LOADING*

I always refer to this as clm::*ins-file-loading*, so it
should not need to be explicitly imported into CM.  Did you compile
v.ins while in the CLM package?  This may have caused the compiler to
strip off the package reference.  I never work in the CLM package
itself -- I can't think of any reason to use (in-package :clm) in the
listener.

> CLM-RECEIVE-SND is undefined.

This was caused by a typo in ffi.lisp.

> * (send-snd "(open-sound \"/home/dlphilp/comment_instr.wav\")")
> -1	;;; <--- Snd does start here but without loading the soundfile

I bet this is a timing problem -- when CLM has to start Snd itself,
it has to wait for it to get started before sending any commands.
I currently wait 1 second, just as a wild guess. I suppose I could
add (yet another) layer of handshakes, but this entire part of CLM
is problematic.