MIDI import bug?

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 08:47:42 -0600

> I'll assume that my problem is that the import
>command looks for a MIDI file tempo event, and if it doesn't see it,
>defaults the tempo to some really slow value.

cm should default to the standard midi values of quarter=120, divisions=96
for both reading and writing midi files. avoid level 1 midi files; in
particular cm does not parse track 0 as a "tempo map" to be applied to the
other tracks. But you can still get multiple threads from a level 0 file
based on channel information --  I have a function somewhere in the example
folder that does just that. tempo information is a bit problematic in the
sense that a user could want either time values in the data to be adjusted
by the internal tempo factors in the file (which is what cm does) or to
import the tempo events themselves, ie to establish tempo map to be applied
to subsequent output.