Questions (and more)

Matti Koskinen mjkoskin@sci.fi
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 23:40:38 +0200

I've got on with Common Music, but when one problem is solved, others
rise...

First of all, I removed all the .fas-files in CM-directories and could
integrate CLM in XCM via compiling. Earlier CLM was loaded, but
definstrument couldn't find any CLM-definitions. CMN loads, but
then while compiling XCM's classes.lisp, an error is issued, and I think
it's this clisp-bug in defmethod, it's just like the one there used to
be in CMN. ACL don't swallow CMN, it crashes in gc with seg. violation.

I made an algorithm that uses the piano.ins but get only a big screech
in the end when playing the test.snd. If I mix to test.clm and then
replace :time with :start and play the file, it sounds as I expected.
Then a question: Why XCM writes :TIME in the clm-file, not :START which
is defined in the definstrument?

Also I began to convert csound-instruments to clm, and couldn't find
an example how time-varying filtering is actually done. In the docs
there is this flt-a, but how to use it? I made an array of formnts and
switch from one to another in the run-loop. It works somehow on clisp,
acl gives an error saying that 'formnt isn't a valid element-type for
make-array.

Last, but not least, is there anything to be done to prevent clicks
in Linux with SB16? Every player gives a big click in the beginning
and in the end, no matter what the sound-file contains.

Thanks

-matti

mjkoskin@sci.fi