Help with CM+CMN+CLM

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 09:07:46 -0400 (EDT)

>gives problems. CLM can be loaded, when compiling XCM. I tried
>the example fm.ins, but compiling it gives warnings of all clm
>functions. I had to explicitly give e.g. clm::make-oscil and after that

sounds to me as if you may have compiled cm's pkg.lisp before you loaded
clm. cm inherits many symbols from clm -- if clm is not around when
pkg.lisp is first compiled the packages wont work correctly together. the
easiest fix is to delete all existing cm .fasl files, then in your
make-cm-local.lisp file, set clm-directory to the the clm binary directory,
and add :clm to the list of syntaxes. then rebuild and you should see clm
get autoloaded before cm starts to compile any of its sources. if you have
linux/386, the easiest solution is to ftp
ccrma-ftp://pub/Lisp/cm/binaries/xcm-linux.tar.gz -- its a prebuilt image
with clm and cm together.