xcm-ppc.sea.bin update

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 09:42:59 -0400 (EDT)

>I can't find the file "xcm-ppc.sea.bin" on the ccrma ftp server.

its in the cm/binaries subdirectory:
o   ftp://ftp-ccrma.stanford.edu/pub/Lisp/cm/binaries/xcm-ppc.sea.bin

there are two other binary images of possible interest in the same directory:
o   ftp://ftp-ccrma.stanford.edu/pub/Lisp/cm/binaries/xcm-linux.tar.gz
    a fully functional CLM and CM in ACL4.1/Linux (Intel), includes compiler
o   ftp://ftp-ccrma.stanford.edu/pub/Lisp/cm/binaries/xcm-win32.zip
    a fully functional CM in CLISP for NT and Win95, includes compiler
see the RELEASE file in the archives for more information.

>Is the Mac version ppc only, or is it a fat binary?

Sorry its currently for PPC only. It doesmt run on 68k machins because I
cant figure out how to load shared libraries on 68k macs in MCL. Despite
the fact that cm's MidiLib shared lib is complied fat and Apple's  CFM-68K
Runtime Enabler is installed I am unable to successfully load it. (The mac
keeps complaining about "MathLib" ...)  If anyone knows how to load shared
libs in MCL 3.2 I'd like to hear from you, if I could fix this then the
whole system including the new OMS interface would run on older macs too.
The only other fix would be for me to hack the system to omit MIDI real
time support on older macs; hopefully there is a better solution!