CM archive fails (VARIABLE-GOBALLY-SPECIAL-P undefined)

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 08:39:14 -0500 (EST)

>Hi, on Linux/Allegro I get an error when running the archive command in
>Stella. The VARIABLE-GLOBALLY-SPECIAL-P function is called but undefined.

in kernel/pkg.lisp, replace

#+(and excl cltl2)
(progn
  (defvar clos::*toplevel-environment* nil)
  (defun clos::macroexpand-all (form &optional
                                     (env clos::*toplevel-environment*))
    (clos::walk-form form env))
  (import '(clos::walk-form clos::variable-lexical-p
            clos::variable-special-p
            clos::variable-globally-special-p
            clos::*toplevel-environment*
	    clos::macroexpand-all))
  )

with:

#+(and excl cltl2)
(progn
  (defvar clos::*toplevel-environment* nil)
  (defun clos::macroexpand-all (form &optional
                                     (env clos::*toplevel-environment*))
    (clos::walk-form form env))
  (defun clos::variable-globally-special-p (sym)
    (clos::variable-special-p sym nil))
  (import '(clos::walk-form clos::variable-lexical-p
            clos::variable-special-p
            clos::variable-globally-special-p
            clos::*toplevel-environment*
	    clos::macroexpand-all))
  )

the recompile and rebuild. hopefully that will fix the problem.