Using CMN with CM

Larry Troxler lt@westnet.com
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 21:06:26 -0500 (EST)

Does anybody happen to know of any existing how-to's on how to use CMN
with CM? There is something in the CM Stella tutorial, but it doesn't seem
to be relevant to the current releases - it refers to classes and Stella
commands that don't exist.

After defining a write-event for a note class, I am still running into a
problem as shown below. This is after I defined a method for write-event
from my class to a cmn-file (the documentation actually refers to
cmn-stream, which wasn't defined). What else do I need to do?

~ ~ ~

Creating cmn score...
Manuscripting test.eps...
Error: No methods applicable for generic function
       #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION CMN::STAFF-DATA> with args (NIL) of
classes
       (NULL)
  [condition type: PROGRAM-ERROR]

Restart actions (select using :continue):
 0: Try calling it again
 1: Return to Top-Level.
 2: Exit Top-Level.
[1c] CM(9): :zo
Evaluation stack:

   (CERROR "Try calling it again" PROGRAM-ERROR ...)
 ->((METHOD NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD (T)) :UNKNOWN NIL)
   (CMN::JUSTIFY #<File: "test.eps">)
   (CMN::CMN #<File: "test.eps">)
   (CMN::FINISH-CLM-INPUT #<File: "test.eps"> NIL ...)
   ((METHOD DEINITIALIZE-STREAM-FOR-PROCESSING (CMN-FILE)) #<File:
"test.eps">)
   [... SYS::C_INTERRUPT ]
   (:EFFECTIVE-METHOD #<File: "test.eps">)
   [... DEINITIALIZE-STREAM-FOR-PROCESSING ]
   (PROCESS-OBJECT #<SCORE: Scratch-Score> #<File: "test.eps"> ...)
   (MIX-OBJECT (#) #<File: "test.eps">)

... more older frames ...
[1c] CM(10):

--  Larry Troxler  --  lt@westnet.com  --  Patterson, NY USA  --