finding prime form

Sean Ferguson ferguson@jasper.music.mcgill.ca
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 14:07:10 -0500 (GMT-0500)

Hi.

I'm wondering if anyone might have an *efficient* lisp program for finding
the prime form of a given set.  I've written my own and it works fine, but
when given many chords (ie 10s of thousands) with many voices, it is
extremely slow. I've compiled it and run it on a 200 MHz SGI and it still
is very bad.

I'm a composer, not a programmer, so I'm afraid that perhaps I've written
a slow version.  I'm hoping that someone who is more skilled has written a
version that would run faster.

Please email me at ferguson@music.mcgill.ca

Note that because of network problems my return address may be incorrect.
Use the one I've given, please.

Thanks in advance,

Sean Ferguson