How to describe a piece measure by measure?

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Thu, 8 May 1997 09:32:24 -0600

>it is the input data for a sequencer which I wrote, when I was working at
>Now, my problem is: how to convert this stuff to cmn?

since your sequencer presumably writes midi files from your input, i would
simply generate a midi file, then import that file into cm and write it out
again as a cmn score:
  import pc.midi
  open test.clm ...
  mix pc 0
that will give you a version of your piece with all of the notes converted
to cmn's format. its possible to  add cmn directives to your imported
manterial (measure ect), but i would work directly with cmn once all the
notes have been translated. actually, cmn is very smart about layout, you
may not have to do anything special to get it to add measures/meter changes
the way you want