How's the next CM version doing?

Antti Kaihola akaihola@siba.fi
Sat, 3 May 1997 16:44:47 +0200 (GMT+0200)

On Fri, 2 May 1997, Tobias Kunze wrote:

> capella.  I haven't tackled linux midi yet and probably won't for this
> release, since many people need oms asap.  but linux midi would be an
> easy maintenance release once the midi architecture is in place.

I have recently installed CM and am still learning it, but I also noticed
that there is no MIDI support for Linux yet. It would be useful for me.

What is OMS?

What is the correct way to load CM and CLM in ACL4.3/Linux? The only way
I could get it work was to first load CLM and then compile and dump CM
and use the saved image. Is it better to use an image, or is it possible
to run a "clean" ACL and then load CLM and CM separately into it?

Is there any good archive of CM and CLM examples and contributions from
users, or are the examples included in both packages all there is
available?

I have noticed that the CSound mailing list is much more active than this
one. Does this mean that CM and CLM are not as widely used as CSound? I
have learned CSound, too, but I like the lisp concept much better.
CM and CLM were more difficult to install and are perhaps not available for
as many platforms as CSound. There are CSound courses here in SACMUS, the
Sibelius-Academy Computer Music Studio, and they have CM as well but
don't teach it.

I guess this was too many questions for one message...

  Antti

----
Antti.Kaihola@siba.fi  http://www.siba.fi/~akaihola/
Sibelius-Academy, Helsinki, Finland