CLM/Linux/ACL 4.3 - DAC output howto?

Lawrence Troxler lt@westnet.com
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 22:41:02 -0500 (EST)

It seems that, "out-of-the-box", CLM isn't setup to output to the
soundcard on my Linux 2.0.x system, using the OSS-Free drivers and the
Allergro CL free distribution CD. By that, I mean that "with-sound" just
gives a "Warning: test.sound NIL" (not sure that that's the exact
message).

By "out-of-the-box", I mean that I simply loaded "all.lisp" into ACL. Is
there something more I need to do on this platform?

I'm hoping that some kind soul will offer some beginning pointers on using
the DAC
output with the CLM/ACL/Linux combination. Probably the documentation
already exists, but I don't know where to look. So just tell me what to
read.

--  Larry Troxler  --  lt@westnet.com  --  Patterson, NY USA  --