snd mix dialog

To: cmdist bil
Wed, 5 Mar 97 09:03:35 PST

Thanks for the suggestions.  To answer some of the questions,
I was thinking of the mix as an editing operation like any
other; the mixed-in data could have something like a mark
associated with it; drag the mark to reposition the mixed
data (with constant graphic updates, I hope, looking
something like a cat under a blanket); click it to open
a sort of local mixing console to affect mixed-in channel
amplitude contributions and so on; this would implement
a sort of distributed mixer, with no notion of a "track";
from CLM, the "explode" option to with-sound would
generate the normal sound output, plus all the mix-marks
so you could edit the sound relatively easily, then
save the result as a CLM note list (the "script" I
think, unless I misunderstand).  Since everyone mentions
envelopes, I'll include that in the mini-console.
Then "unmix", "mute", "reset" buttons, and hide/show
mix-marks option, and voila?  I think the hard part will
be getting the mixer widgets to slide around with the
graph in some reasonable way.