CLM/Linux/ACL/OssFree/GUS - Big-endian problem?

To: lt@westnet.com Larry Troxler bil
Mon, 24 Mar 97 06:18:48 PST

Apparently the Gravis card can't handle big endian data --
I've never tried one myself.  You can set the output
type with the "data-format" argument to with-sound (in this
case, snd-16-linear-little-endian, or maybe in the
worst case snd-8-mulaw); or set the output format default
(see defaults.lisp).  The card(s) we use here are
happy with big-endian data, as is the Linux driver.
On the earlier problem, I'd need to see the actual
error message, and ideally a stack trace to be able to
say what the problem might be.