CM/CLM: dealing with list/array parameters?

hkt@ccrma.Stanford.EDU hkt@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun, 20 Jul 97 10:21:25 -0700

>the set comand, then the "list" command dumps the entire list or array,
>which is not what I want for long sequences. This is especially true f

CM uses the Common Lisp generic function PRINT-OBJECT to print slot values when an object is "listed".  The default PRINT-OBJECT does basic slot value printing without any special case code for arrays and so on. But you can specify your own PRINT-OBJECT methods for your instrument classes.  CM has a macro FORMATTING-SLOTS that may be useful in this context, it documented in the dictionary.

hope this helps.