exponential curves in CLM?

Larry Troxler lt@westnet.com
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 20:43:19 -0400 (EDT)

How can I generate simple exponential curves in CLM? By this I mean
something like y = A + B * exp( -t/tau).

I was hoping that the :base
parameter for envelopes would do this, but from some quick experiments, I
suspect that this doesn't result in exponential segments, but
rather power
segments of the form y = A + B * t ^ n. (I also think this is the case,
because if not, I don't see where the time-constant could be specified).
The documentation for the env generator is very unclear on this
(hint-hint).

I know I can use the "one-pole" filter for this (for example, feeding a
step-wise envelope in to the one-pole), if I do the math myself and
compute the coefficients based on the desired time-constant and sampling
rate.

But I'd first like to ask if I'm missing something, since I'm a bit
surprised if something like this isn't already available?
Otherwise, what is the common way of approximating exponential amplitude
decays?

Regards

Larry

--  Larry Troxler  --  lt@westnet.com  --  Patterson, NY USA  --