piano.lisp troubles

Larry Troxler lt@westnet.com
Sat, 19 Jul 1997 19:50:05 -0400 (EDT)

I'm tried to use the physically-modelled piano instrument included with
the CLM distribution, but I couldn't
get it to work correctly.

I am trying to run it from CM, and in case it matters, the CLM version I'm
using is not the recently announced one, but the one that had been on the
site before it.

The problem is that what ever parameters I use, and how ever many notes I
play,  I seem to always get a single note which seems to always use the
same parameters regardless of what I specify. I'm running on Linux.

Also, it seems like the print method isn't quite working right.

Here's a short log:

Number of ps to create: (<cr>=*) 3
Slots and values:
New object position: (<cr>=T1)

Stella [T1]: list
T1:
     1. #<(P#<Printer Error @ #x8773d7a>
     2. #<(P#<Printer Error @ #x8773eaa>
     3. #<(P#<Printer Error @ #x8773fca>

Stella [T1]: set * rhythm 3

Stella [T1]: set * dur 3

Stella [T1]: list
T1:
     1. #<(P#<Printer Error @ #x8773d7a>
     2. #<(P#<Printer Error @ #x8773eaa>
     3. #<(P#<Printer Error @ #x8773fca>

Stella [T1]: run
Run objects: (<cr>=T1)
Start time offset:(<cr>=None)

Stella [T1]: list
T1:
     1. #<(P :START 0)>
     2. #<(P :START 3)>
     3. #<(P :START 6)>

Stella [T1]: set * keynum (+ 60.0 @)

Stella [T1]: list
T1:
     1. #<(P :START 0 :KEYNUM 60.0)>
     2. #<(P :START 3 :KEYNUM 61.0)>
     3. #<(P :START 6 :KEYNUM 62.0)>

Stella [T1]: open test.snd
Stream: #<File: "test.snd">
Stella [T1]: mix
Mix objects: (<cr>=T1)
Start time offset:(<cr>=None)
File: test.snd
Channels: 1
Srate: 22050.0
Reverb: None
 0.000...

Also, a more general CM/CLM question: Whatever instruments I load while in
CM, I always have to do a "make-instance" before I can create instances in
threads. Otherwise, I get a message about the class not being finalized
(or something like that). Is this normal?

--  Larry Troxler  --  lt@westnet.com  --  Patterson, NY USA  --